Manufacturers of Coating Systems for over 30 years
For orders & enquiries call
(01924) 820 292
Pre bagged poly modified render supplied in 25KG bags, add water and start rendering. YES It's that simple!
Walltex Fibre Rend can be applied to most surfaces including suitably prepared brickwork, blockwork or concrete. It may also be applied over metal lathing, plastic tensar grid or External insulation board systems.
All the chemicals and additives are in the bag therefore eliminating waste and inconsistent on site mixing of conventional products.
This unique formula has excellent flexible adhesion properties to overcome problems associated with poor substrates making it ideal for NEW BUILD or RESTORATION projects
On blockwork and brickwork an overall thickness of 10mm is required consisting of 8mm basecoat and 2mm topcoat. The render can be applied as little as 2mm to feather out uneven Edges of existing old render and for repairing old render.
1 x 25KG bag covers 1.78 m2 at a thickness of 10mm.
1. Empty contents of 100g bag of fibres in to 10ltrs of water in a bucket.
2. Stir to disperse fibres.
3. Empty into cement mixer./ the render can be mixed in a large tub using an electric paddle mixer if preferred.
4. Start mixer.
5. Add 4 x 25kg bags of Walltex RENDER in to mixer, one at a time.
6. Add water to suit.
7. Give thorough mixing until material is of suitable consistency to apply to walls.
1. Apply 7 - 8mm of render mix with fibres as basecoat on to dry blockwork.
2. Second coat of Reno-Prep WITHOUT fibres to be applied as topcoat 2mm - 3mm in depth, giving overall depth of 10mm.
3. Basecoat does not need to be scratched.
4. Second coat can be applied in same day if the basecoat is sufficiently hard enough to render over. Wash off any render from glass or PVC before it sets.
5. The topcoat can be steel trowel finished, sponged or wood floated. Beware: a sponged surface can bring sand to the surface when dry, so brush off before applying Walltex All Weather Coatings.
6. Allow up to 7 days for the render to cure before Walltex All Weather COATING is applied.
1. Expansion joints to be 10mm in depth.
2. Use Expamet 562 (galvanised) side-by-side with plastic expansion strip.
3. Expansion joints to be place approximately 5 metres apart, preferably behind rainwater goods.
4. Use galvanised beads around windows to take 10mm render.
2nd coat of render has been applied at 2mm. This photo shows the render being given a sponge finish. Can be trowel finished if preferred
Close up of Walltex all Weather smooth finished job in Yorkstone colour. Note the detail over the door coated in Driftwood colour
How to calculate how much product is required for the job.
Can I render over a painted surface?
YES providing the paint has been made sound by power ashing or scraping. Apply the primer kit as directed and allow to dry before applying the render.
Can I apply 2 coats of render in a day?
YES make sure the 1st coat is solid before applying the 2nd.
Do I need to use fibres on every surface also are they necessary in both coats?
Fibres are added for every surface but only in the 1st coat, no fibres added to 2mm top coat. If you are only applying a 5 mm skim coat NO fibres are required.
When can I apply the Walltex All Weathercoating over the Walltex Render?
When it is dry approx 3 days in the summer and allow 7 days in the winter months.
I have some deep patching to do how deep can I apply the render?
To fill in deep holes or patches the fibre rend can be built up in 30mm coats including fibres.
How can I tell when I need to sponge/trowell finish the top coat?
As soon as it is touch dry, you can then remove the render lines to a smooth finish.
If you have further questions, please call 01924 820292 and ask to speak to Technical Sales. We are always happy to help!
1960's house ripe for renovation, the render and coating was applied onto new blockwork, old brick and stone.
Products used: Walltex Fibre Rend and Walltex all Weather smooth WHITE.
The surface was power washed to remove all loose paint. All loose render was removed and the walls were prepared with the Walltex Primer Kit product and allowed to cure.
Walltex Fibre Rend was used to fill out where the original render was removed and the whole building received a 5mm skim coat of Walltex Render The building was then coated in Walltex All Weather smooth Coating in WHITE.
Loose render was removed and the painted surface was treated with Walltex Primer Kit product before the knocked off areas were re rendered.
The front received a 5mm skim coat of Walltex Render The building was then coated in Walltex All Weather smooth Coating in WHITE.
Products used: Walltex Primer Kit, Walltex Fibre Rend and Walltex All weather Smooth.
28 days Compressive Strength
28 days Flexural Strength
28 days Tensile Strength
On Aerated Concrete
On Dense Concrete
On Semi Engineering Bricks
|Water penetration storm test||BS4135 part 2 1970||Nil after 7 hours|
|Water vapour permeability||Allows the walls to breathe||0.54gms/m² hour 250mm Hg|
|Freeze-thaw after 28 days curing||25 cycles -20°C to +20°C||No change|
|Thermal conductivity||0.52 Wm deg. K|
|Fire||BS476 part 4||Non-combustible|
|Biological||Resistant to insect and vermin attack|
Although the render finish is grey the following colours can be applied.
For health and safety instructions for this product please download our material safety datasheet by clicking the button below:Download
Pollard Street, Lofthouse Gate, Wakefield WF3 3HGGet Directions