Manufacturers of Coating Systems for over 30 years
For orders & enquiries call
(01924) 820 292
Walltex Admix - A latex copolymer resin is mixed with Walltex Render and used as a priming coat to stabilise friable, flaking and uneven painted and rendered surfaces.
|20sqm Kit||1 x 5l Walltex Admix
1 x 12.5kg Walltex Render
|40sqm Kit||1 x 10l Walltex Admix
1 x 25kg Walltex Render
|80sqm Kit||1 x 20l Walltex Admix
2 x 25kg Walltex Render
PLEASE NOTE – Walltex Admix is only added to make the stabilising primer mix. It is not to be added when using Walltex Render as a 2 coat render.
Do not use in temperatures below 5°C.
The covering power of the Primer Kit, also perfect for filling in hairline and large cracks. If there is deep scaring it may be necessary to coat those areas twice.
The full mixing and application instructions are found in the Prep/Application section.
To stabilise surfaces of walls and floors, which suffer from acid, alkali attack and where the surface to be coated is pitted eroded or previously painted.
Painted brick, concrete, render, tyrolean and friable surfaces.
1. Establish a Firm Base - Power wash or brush down to establish a firm base
2. Mask - Mask up all areas not to be treated
3. Mix - In a clean bucket pour 100mm of the white WALLTEX ADMIX liquid and then gradually add the powered WALLTEX render, mixing by hand or mixing paddle to a paintable consistency;
4. Coat - Brush the mix over the area to be coated;
5. Second Coat - If the surface is uneven a second coat may be necessary;
6. Consistency - If there are deep imperfections of bad scarring make the mix to a drier consistency by adding more powder (like a paste) and using a trowel or spatula a reasonable flat surface can be achieved;
7. Trowel Marks - Trowel marks can be removed using a damp sponge;
8. Curing - Allow the mix to cure for 2 to 3 days then apply WALLTEX All weather Coating
The mix was applied to stabilise and even up the exposed surface taking care to feather in the edges so when coated will give a uniform finish.
The Primer kits are available in 20, 40 and 80 square metre kits. The coverage is calculated to be applied on a flat painted or unpainted prepared surface. If using on a Pebble dash, tyrolean or uneven brick surface, 50% more material will be required.
Please call technical support on 01924 820292 for further advice if required.
How do I know I have the right consistency to apply the primer kit product?
Mix the products well and when you put in the brush the product will just drip off the brush.
Do I need to primer kit the whole surface of the walls?
You can spot prime an individual area or if more than 50% of the whole wall is bad do the whole lot for a more uniform finish.
What benefits do I get by using a primer kit before applying the Walltex All Weather coating?
The primer kit product will give a brand new bonded, uniform stabilized surface. Ideal for friable flaking and uneven painted and rendered surfaces. It also keeps all the acids and alkalis from the background and gives a barrier between the surface and the new Walltex All weather coating.
I have some deep scarring and uneven painted surface on the wall will the primer kit even this out?
YES you may have to apply 2 coats in certain areas, it will give a more uniform finish. If there are any deep imperfections or bad scarring make the mix to a drier consistency by adding more powder (like a paste) and using a trowell or spatula a reasonable flat surface can be achieved.
If you have further questions, please call 01924 820292 and ask to speak to Technical Sales. We are always happy to help!
Pollard Street, Lofthouse Gate, Wakefield WF3 3HGGet Directions